Sunday, April 4, 2010

my first cent from google adsense

March 29, 2010 - I bought my own domain and a web hosting plan for the first time
I wanted to create a personal travel blog and I intend to keep it running for years. I got my own domain to increase my motivation. On the side, I was also thinking of long term plans - like monetizing it. And I am aware that if want to monetize it, having my own domain is an advantage and is better in the long run.

March 30, 2010 - I was so excited! I immediately made my opening post and I finished my blog layout that day. I want it to be as pleasing to the eyes as possible. I have an eye for layout design. I want to learn web development and design someday.

March 31, 2010 - I began importing posts from my old travel blog, which was just 1 month old.

April 1, 2010 - I suddenly remembered that I applied for Google Adsense a year ago. And to my surprise, the account was approved.

April 2, 2020 - I started installing Google Ads on my blog. I know my blog doesn't have enough traffic yet. I only have 10 unique visitors. But I believe that there's nothing wrong in taking chances. An opportunity could be missed if I would still be waiting for 6 months before I use Google Adsense. I believe that $1.00 in 6 months is better than $0.00 in 6 months.

April 3, 2010 - I have earned my first cent from Google :) I know it's nothing compared to how much probloggers are earning. But I believe that it's a good start. Anyway, $0.01 is still better than $0.00 right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment